The Nepean Choir is always happy to welcome new members. Here is some information about the group:
- There are about 40 – 50 amateur adult singers of all ages in the choir.
- There are typically two or three main performances each year.
- We rehearse once a week on Tuesday evening, at 7:30 p.m
- Rehearsal location: Woodroffe United Church, 207 Woodroffe Ave, Ottawa, ON K2A 3V1 (north of Carlingwood Shopping Centre)
- We have migrated to a hybrid rehearsal plan, due to the pandemic. The current plan is a combination of in-person sessions and online Zoom sessions, with the in-person sessions having reduced numbers of participants to following proper distance protocols, and duration of gathering, to ensure the health and safety of participants.
- We will be re-evaluating our rehearsal plan and modifying as required according to the latest public health guidelines.
- Each rehearsal begins with a proper choral warmup.
I must say my first impression is that the “workings” of the choir are exceptionally well organized and all the members are so warm and welcoming.
Joining the Choir
Here’s some information about joining the choir:
- Entrance into the choir is dependent on an audition to determine placement and readiness for the choir.
- We hold auditions twice a year, in early September and in early January.
- Come prepared to sing a short solo of your choice for your audition. (e.g. standard choral repertoire, art or folk song, or even the national anthem)
- You will be asked to sing a scale, and to perform a simple aural test.
To arrange for your audition, please contact us by either e-mail or phone: