Become a Member!
The Nepean Choir is always happy to welcome new members.
Here is some information about the group:
- There are about 50 amateur adult singers of all ages in the choir.
- There are typically two or three main performances each year.
- We also perform several times during the year at seniors' residences and for fundraising efforts.
- We rehearse once a week, Tuesdays from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Note this is a new rehearsal day)
- Rehearsal location: Nepean High School – in Westboro, 574 Broadview Ave.,
Ottawa ON K2A 3V8 (use entrance off Princeton Ave.)
- Some additional rehearsals are scheduled throughout the year.
- Each rehearsal begins with a proper choral warmup.
I must say my first impression is that the "workings" of the choir are
exceptionally well organized and all the members are so warm and
— Prospective new member at open rehearsal
Joining the Choir
Here's some information about joining the
- Entrance into the choir is dependent on an audition to determine placement and readiness for the choir.
- We hold auditions twice a year, in early September and in early January.
- Come prepared to sing a short solo of your choice for your audition. (e.g. standard choral repertoire, art or folk song, or even the national anthem)
- You will be asked to sing a scale, and to perform a simple aural test.
To arrange for your audition,
please contact us by either e-mail or phone: